Yikes, it seems like the past week has been so busy... where to start... lot's of appointments last week: my neck has been killing me so I have had two chiropractor appointments, Aaron had a dentist appointment and a follow up visit with his PCP on the kidney stone issue and Jacob had one visit to the pediatrician for a staph infection on his knee and both Jacob and I got hair cuts (and highlights for me). Busy! And Expensive!
Wednesday evening we participated in a parenting group at our church based on the book "Parenting by the book" (book being the bible) written by the speaker we saw last winter, John Rosemond. The group is pretty big, which is nice because that makes for a lot of parents with young kids like us! Although, not sure if we will make it tomorrow or not because the whole family (minus Aaron) is sick.
Friday was my first day to be the parent helper at Jacob's preschool. It was exhausting! Teri, I don't know how you do it 5 days a week! There aren't any regular sized chairs in there and there really is no need because there is no time to sit! With 3 and 4 year olds you have to be on your A game 110% of the time from the moment the first child arrives - it was crazy! And I was just a parent helper, the kids totally prefer the teacher over any of the parents (two parents help each day), so I can only imagine how the teacher feels at the end of the day! It was an interesting perspective though to see what happens throughout the day. Jacob is extremely well behaved there and looks so cute when he gets in line, etc. He doesn't really play much with the other kids and is extremely shy there, though. Which is strange because he loves playing and being aggressive with his buddies during our family dinners or when he gets together with his cousins, so who knows... I have a feeling he is just like his parents and really doesn't care for large groups.
So I thought that Preschool would be the craziest part of my day, but nope it just set the pace. After preschool (and the cleaning we do afterwards), we came home for 30 minutes and then headed to the pediatrician for Jacob's knee. Brody napped in the car with Grandma and Jacob napped in my lap during the appointment - which I think worked out well, less time for him to get anxious. After I left the ped's office, I got a call from Aaron informing me that we were hosting our family dinner that evening and I needed to make a meal for 10 - lovely. Thankfully mom had cleaned the house while she was watching Brody! So I headed to Meijer and picked up Jacob's prescription and groceries. Afterwards, I picked up lunch for myself (at 4:30pm) since I hadn't eaten anything except toast since 8am and then headed home to make spaghetti. I arrived home at 5pm, unloaded the groceries and prepared the sauce. I sat down for ten minutes and then the guests arrived. It was a fun evening, but very tiring! Oh, and then Aaron fell asleep during my foot rub. Because he had an exhausting day and all too... you know, with all the fishing he did while I was making dinner and the drinking by the fire he did while I was cleaning up. ;) Edited to Add: I don't want to sound too harsh... Aaron rubs my feet most nights regardless of how lazy my day was and how exhausting his was!
So Saturday was spent mostly relaxing! Brody came down with a nasty cold so we didn't do much until about 4pm when we received a call from a lady that mom met on Friday while filling my car up with gas while I was at the ped's office with Jacob. She was interested in our vehicle and wanted to check it out! So, we spent the next two hours getting the car spotless and then they arrived. They loved the car and said they would call Monday to arrange to have their mechanic take a look at her.
Sunday, Brody shared his cold with me. Despite feeling bad, we were all stir crazy and it was a beautiful fall day so we took a drive and checked out the sleeping bear dunes and the Platte river to see how many salmon were making their way up the river. We arrived home just before the rain started and chilled the rest of the evening.
Monday, Jacob came down with the cold and I went back to the chiropractor. While we were gone, the prospective buyers picked up the Rav and took her to their mechanic. I spent the rest of the afternoon picking up the toys and car shopping online! The buyers ended up calling around 3pm and said the mechanic gave the vehicle a thumbs up and called it a "keeper". They offered full price... AND my beloved gps. And we jumped on it. They arrived around 5pm to pick up the title and drop off the check and the deal was done! Not without a little excitement though. As I'm shaking hands and saying hello, I hear Brody being very vocal behind me. I turn around to see what he wants and realize he is holding a burning candle in his hands! I had the candle lit in the bathroom and the little stinker had climbed up on the toilet and somehow gracefully got down with it without putting the flame out with the wax! Then he carried it all the way to me! I overreacted and swooped it out of his hands, fumbling the candle and dropping it - spilling wax all over. Thankfully, only on the floor and dishwasher and NOT on Brody or anyone else. Oh and I let a nice profanity slip too during the embarrassing event, just to make it more embarrassing.
Sooo, now the car search is on. My very impulsive husband would be perfectly content driving to the local dealer and finding something in our price range and buying it right then and there. I, on the other hand, want to find the perfect car. And I don't care if we have to drive to town or downstate. But I also don't want to be driving the truck around forever trying to find the perfect car. It will be interesting to see how it plays out... I'm also totally uncertain on what kind of car I want... a minivan or an SUV? I really prefer the way SUV's drive over minivans, but I don't want to make my life overly complicated with getting the kids in and out. A new car = fun. Shopping for a new car = not fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have been busy!! I talked to your mom while she was cleaning your house, my mom always makes a mess.... :)
You need to eat more regularly. going from 8am to 4:30 is not good. You need to bring a snack for you. I know you remember the snack for your kids.....
Good luck with the car hunt. I like SUV's better too.... :)
Whewy! Sounds exhausting! You know what I think you should get...Odyssey all the way! Oh, so comfy! But, living in snow country like you do, an SUV might be a better choice. See what's out there! Happy shopping!
Post a Comment