Good news, Aaron is an essential employee! While it looks like a shutdown is inevitable, Aaron and a few of his coworkers have been authorized to continue working on essential hatchery operations. PHEW!
Still holding my breath on *when* they will come up with something and *what* that will mean for people...
UPDATE: So, looks like they put a temporary budget in place around 2am (Really? 2am? Couldn't come up with something by say 5pm for the sake of their employees? Maybe they thought there were 31 days in September. Oh, and I guess it IS an improvement, I think in 2007 they didn't make that decision until 4am!). Oy. Think they'll get it settled before November 1?
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hee hee! I'm not 'essential' by any stretch, but as you probably know by now, the shutdown ended at 2am when the continuation budget was passed. So...here I am. At work. LOL!
Yuck, how stressful! Glad to hear Aaron is essential!
You should probably just move to Illinois... :)
Post a Comment