Last night Aaron and I had an overnight date in Petoskey while my parents watched the kids. We went to a wedding for one of Aaron's friends (Ryan) - actually, Aaron's dad and Ryan's dad have been friends since High School. Ironically, Ryan married someone that I went to HS with, although she was a few grades younger than me so we didn't really know each other much then. The wedding was incredibly beautiful and emotional. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house when Leah choked through "in sickness and in health" as she was diagnosed with Lymphoma 6 months into their relationship. Obviously Ryan stayed by her side through those dark days 5 years ago and she is now an amazingly healthy, strong and beautiful woman. The reception was at Walloon Lake Country Club and despite being a cloudy day, it was such a breathtaking view - and luckily, it only stayed cloudy, no rain! It was a pregnant girls dream, they had an outdoor cocktail hour with I think more staff than guests... I never had to wait for my next hors d'oeuvres! To say the reception was elegant would have been a drastic understatement - the tables were draped in a beautiful silky blue fabric with the most vibrant floral arrangements - a different one for each table! Dinner was a surf and turf of filet and whitefish - just melted in my mouth! I'm not one for wedding cake (too much frosting and stuff for my tastes), but they had a little table set up with some local goodies such as caramel apples, turtles, fudge, taffy... ooh I was in heaven! Wish I would have grabbed more on my way out...
Anyways, we made our way back to the hotel and watched a little tv, finished off a caramel apple and went to bed and then the best part... we were able to wake up whenever WE wanted! No little voices calling for us from down the hall! Perfect day/night!
It was such a wonderful night and I fully intent to make an overnight date night part of the weekly schedule... if only we can find some place with a great free meal and open bar...
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ooh, that sounds perfect!! Too bad we don't have family around to babysit overnight for us! :(
Sounds Heavenly!! Glad you two got to get out and have some "us" time. Sounds like you got to sleep in a little, I am not sure how long I'd be able to sleep in these days if I had the opportunity, LOL. Good for you!
Shannon
Post a Comment