Saturday, February 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

  • I've been paranoid that my work is going to drag their heels in finding and hiring a replacement and that means I won't get enough time to train them properly. And then this week it suddenly occurred to me... I don't care! I cared last time I went on leave that my replacement was properly trained because I knew if she wasn't that it meant more of a mess for me to come back to, but I JUST realized... it really doesn't matter this time! That was a refreshing revelation! Speaking of which... FIVE more weeks left!

  • I still don't know what Jacob thinks of my belly and if he has ANY idea that a baby is coming to live with us. But, just this week I started telling him to give the baby kisses and he will come kiss my tummy, I think it's a good sign! Boy, am I going to miss him in the hospital :(

  • Well, all the tumbles I was loving last Saturday? They resulted in Brody being transverse (sideways)! Well, according to my chiropractor on Monday, anyway. Since Monday I've been feeling kicks everywhere, so who knows where he will be at my appointment on Tuesday. He has a few more weeks to settle into position. Speaking of which... SEVEN more weeks left till showtime!

  • I love cake. Early this week I was craving cake and frosting BAD. So we went to Sams Club and bought a cake. The big office-birthday style one, except it was just for me, er.. Brody. So then we stop at the grocery store and I ran in to grab a few things. Upon arriving home, Aaron checks out the recent and notices ice cream on there. Thinking that the cashier screwed up, he asks me if I really did buy ice cream. Duh, of course I did. His response? "A little excessive don't you think?" My response? "How can you get cake without ice cream?!" Poor Aaron, he never stood a chance of winning this argument. But I gotta say I love how he didn't say a thing about me buying this big cake all for myself, but the $2 gallon of ice cream was excessive. Go figure! **Note to self - ice cream is now gone, add to grocery list**

  • Aaron is working this weekend and Jacob and I are just hanging out. I might take him to the mall at some point though to buy some sort of alphabet toy or book. I think we need to work more on letters - at this point he can't recognize any and it seems like lots of two year olds know the whole alphabet! So we have about three months to catch up! Any recommendations?? Oh, and a baby book is also on my list of things to get, but not sure if Jacob will give me the time I need to look through them!

  • After some bad news for friends and family lately, it looks like things are turning around and I keep hearing good stories! I'm so excited for everyone! Julie and Shannon are both having visits from their moms right now - HAVE FUN! And Jeanine starts her new job on Monday - GOOD LUCK! And congrats to everyone else who has had good news this week. SO EXCITING!

0 comments: