Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Delayed Update

That was one long dinner! Sorry for the delay...

Anyways, as March approaches and we have enjoyed a few sunny days it means that time is almost here. I have 3wks left to work and 5 weeks left till the due date. Very exciting!

Well, my replacement was hired last Thursday. I haven't met her yet, but everyone that has seems to like her. She will work this Thursday and the next and then be there for good starting the 10th - so I will only have 3 days of training with her, which will mostly consist of two words: GOOD LUCK! I feel an enormous sense of relief and freedom now that my replacement has been officially hired. Also, I suddenly enjoy my job a lot more now as each day passes I have less to be responsible for. However, I am counting down the days and am eagerly anticipating my next job!

I'm not the only one looking forward to the changes, either. I think Grandma has reached her threshold with these boys! Luckily she only has about 5 more days of taking care of Jacob since Aaron will have a few days off coming up (because of working the weekend).

We had a pretty good weekend. Aaron got to go snowboarding Friday evening and Saturday morning - both days were BEAUTIFUL. Then Saturday we were off to Dennis & Kyra's in the evening for a little b-day celebration for Kyra. Jacob had a ball playing with Cori (4.5) and Jack (2.5). It is SO cute to watch them interact, especially to see how they handle things differently based on their age. They had a pretty extensive path system that they snowblowed around their home from a fire pit to a sledding area to our fireworks viewing area. Kyra is pretty special - she gets fireworks for her bday. :) It was pretty cool and crazy to actually see how much snow we have gotten (even with all the rain) - I guess Leelanau Co. is at 120" so far. The only BAD part of the evening was that Roxy freaked out during the fireworks which set Aaron and I off in a frenzy to try to catch her and put her back in the car. After successfully wrangling the poor girl we started heading back to the back of the house and I had a spill. I went to step off the deck onto the path and expected hard-packed snow and instead it was soft and next thing I know I am on the ground. Jacob was in my arms at the time, but I think I managed to fall on my left side and not the belly or right hip that Jacob was on. Poor Jacob was all crying - I think just because it scared him - and I was crying because I was startled, embarrassed and felt bad for Jacob and my ankle hurt like you know what. It took me a minute or two before I could walk on it, but then it seemed mostly fine. I still don't have full range of motion and have terrible pain when I try to use it to hoist myself when flipping from side to side at night, but for everything else I'm pain free.

We had our 35wk doctor appointment yesterday. Baby is looking good, fundal height only measured 3cm large this week (38cm), so she decided to hold off on the u/s for now. Heartrate was good (130's) and Brody is head down. She also did the group b strep test and my first internal exam. I am almost a fingertip dilated and VERY soft! This, of course, means very little as far as when the baby is coming, but it is nice to know that things are progressing. With Jacob I was closed and firm all the way until I delivered, so I am very excited to know that my body is making more progress this time around. The last stages of pregnancy are so filled with anticipation, excitement and anxiety. I think what makes it so difficult is that I can have a full term baby in TWO weeks or in SEVEN. So it is hard not to go crazy when you are preparing for such a big change. In all honesty though, I think Brody will be coming right at 40wks. Jacob came at 40w1d, so I'm thinking about March 28th (according to MY calculations - my doctor has 3.31 as my due date).

0 comments: