Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rough week...

Poor Jacob. January is NOT his month. The first two pictures were taken last night, then one from this morning and the last one was taken about one year ago.






January 14, 2006:


It all started on Monday when we were all sitting in Jacob's new room. Jacob decided to climb into the new chair that I insisted we purchase for him. Of course, my little shorty can't just sit down in it because it's a tad tall for him, so he has to climb in it and then in slow motion the chair tips over. I was sitting on the bed with my legs crossed and just couldn't get up fast enough. Aaron was standing next to him and somehow couldn't get to him fast enough either. Of course he fell right onto the worst possible toy in his whole room to fall on and bruised the left side of his face from his eye to his ear, but you can only really tell in the pictures the eye bruise. Stupid, evil chair. If only I had $80 more so I could buy one of these chairs from Pottery Barn:


Although, I'm sure Jacob would find a way for that chair to fall over, too. If anyone knows where to find a less expensive chair like this though, please let me know!


So now onto last nights injury. We generally don't keep a coffee table in our living room to provide for more play area for Jacob. Usually we keep the coffee table we do have in the 3rd bedroom, but since we are now getting that ready to become Jacob's big boy room, we've moved the coffee table back out to the living room. It's been there a day. So Aaron and I are getting dinner together and listening to music. Jacob likes to 'dance' by running circles in the living room. So there he is running, running, running and trips over his feet flying right into the coffee table with all this toddler momentum. I, unfortunately, saw the whole thing and it just looked terrible. He had a little cut on his eyebrow too, but looks like the neosporin did a good job of healing that one up overnight.


I think we will keep Jacob in a helmet and protective suit for January 2009.

0 comments: